Mark the Date: SSCOPE’s AGM will be held on Friday June 21 at the Buchwald Room, Millenium Public Library, Donald and Graham in Winnipeg from 11:45 am;-1:00 pm. Highlights of 2012-13 and discussion about plans for SSCOPE. New Board of Directors slate to be presented and voted on. Member-employees, volunteers, public interested in mental health and SSCOPE’s future encouraged to attend.
SSCOPE is looking to expand its Board of Directors members to 11 from the present 7 over the next two months. We have many exciting growth opportunities in the years ahead as we work to double our workforce to nearly 300 employee members by 2015.
If you a well connected member of the community and feel the SSCOPE cause, we invite you to join us immediately.
For more information about the Board of Directors or the organization, please contact the Executive Director at 987-6302
SSCOPE is presently expanding its Board of Directors from 7 members to 11 and is recruiting new Board members for an exciting volunteer opportunity to lead a growth oriented non profit with ever increasing demands on its resources. The following text is from an upcoming published Ad for Board member recruitment
Board of Directors needed
SSCOPE Inc is seeking new board members who will serve a minimum two year term. The members of the Board meet monthly and are based in Winnipeg. This is a great opportunity to build experience in a governance role, build solid relationships within the community, and garner an excellent reference for future use.
- Serve as a member of a collegial body that will guide, develop and strategically plan for SSCOPE.
- Provide technical input, advice and guidance on projects and act as a sounding board on potential issues.
- Raise the profile of the SSCOPE externally, liaise with and build relationships with the community and partnership businesses.
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills combined with a practical and altruistic mindset, and a strong interest in serving the community.
- Team player with personal impact and superior communication skills, able to work effectively with a broadly based peer group and represent the organization effectively.
- Community leaders, professionals, educators, and individuals of all backgrounds will be assessed on their work experience, community involvement and what they can bring to the board of directors.
How to apply
Please reply to Bob Rempel at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application for the current Boards approval.
For more information on the organization please refer to http://www.sscope.org/